RAW MATERIAL TRADING
Since 1973 Effegidi buys and stocks raw material.
We have tested and homologated suppliers with the best price-quality ratio and have established ourselves as trusted dealers making the trading of raw materials one of our main business sectors.
We trade material such as PET, aluminium, various types and thicknesses of polypropylene. Also available are:
- POLYESTER 12 MY
CORONA OR CHEMICALLY TREATED (CO-POLYESTER);
- NYLON 15 MY;
- ALUMINIUM ALLOY 1235
PET and metallized PET are part of the barrier-film category. Both are available with a corona treatment on one or both sides, a chemical treatment on one or both sides or a combination of both treatments.
These treatments meet the needs of various applications, are highly customizable and improve the technical characteristics such as resistance and elasticity of the material.
Metallization can be made with plasma tratment, thus improving the adhesion of the metal and its optical density.
Available in thicknesses between 10µm and 50µm, its primary use in in the field of flexible packaging.
Mostly known as PA-Nylon or BOPA it is one of the plastic materials that is most resistant to wear and perforation. It can is suitable for use as single material, lamination and several packaging.
- Its excellent mechanical strength and resistance to perforation make it suitable for the packaging of products with sharp or pointy edges.
- Good gas barrier and transparency;
- Its flexibility makes it particularly suitable for printing;
- Available in a wide range of widths;
- Due to its several properties, it is suitable for many packaging applications both for food and non-food products. Some typical examples of application in the food sector are for fish, meat (with bones too), fresh pasta or fresh food packaging. In these cases the product is generally laminated with other plastic films in order to combine different properties.
All products distributed comply with relevant EU regulation for Food Contact Materials and have the respective certifications.
Aluminium foil, single or for lamination, for industrial applications.
Due to its excellent gas, light, water and aroma barrier and insulation properties, aluminium has several applications in many sectors, amongst which:
- Cable shielding, where the aluminium foil, generally laminated with a plastic film, is used to bind and protect cables from interferences that would affect the transmitted signal.
- Building insulation, where aluminium, combined with other films, is used to protect and insulate buildings, due to its resistance to corrosion and to the atmospheric agents action and its oxygen barrier properties. It is also well-known for its electromagnetic waves and noise barrier properties.
- Thermal insulation: for its mentioned barrier properties, Aluminium is used when a barrier to thermal energy is required.
Standard features are 6-7-8-9 μm thickness and alloy 1235, but different thicknesses and alloys may be available upon request.
Wide range of widths available, depending on customer’s need.
Aluminium foil distributed complies with EU regulations and has the necessary certifications.
Want to know more?
Contact us for more info
Our technical laminates are used to bind and shield cables for electronic and IT appliances.
Our goal is to provide the customer with tailor-made packaging, which can respond to an idea or need, with a particular focus on eco-sustainability.